cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Workflows on a Catalog item causing no workflow to be evaluated

dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

In our App Portal 2018 R1 instance we have applied two workflows to the same catalog item. When a user checks out this item the workflow is ignored and the email to the users states "No approval required". If I remove one of the workflows then the approval process kicks in.

Based on this excerpt from the guide - "Multiple workflows applied to catalog item—When you apply more than one workflow to a catalog item, the conditions of the workflow as well as the steps within that workflow are evaluated."

For multiple workflows to be evaluated does the workflow need conditions applied to it? The two workflows we have associated to the product do not have any conditions.

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Yes, I believe that if you have multiple workflows, then each must have a condition on them (or at least all but one). Only a single workflow will be evaluated for a given request, so it would not make sense to have multiple workflows without at least one having a conditions.. If the conditions are not met on any of the workflows, then typically the default workflow would then be used..  I've never been a fan of having multiple workflows.. Quite often, you can typically get away with having a single workflow, with multiple levels (conditioned where appropriate)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Yes, I believe that if you have multiple workflows, then each must have a condition on them (or at least all but one). Only a single workflow will be evaluated for a given request, so it would not make sense to have multiple workflows without at least one having a conditions.. If the conditions are not met on any of the workflows, then typically the default workflow would then be used..  I've never been a fan of having multiple workflows.. Quite often, you can typically get away with having a single workflow, with multiple levels (conditioned where appropriate)