cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a plan on migrating all AppPortal workflows used in ServiceNow from Workflow to the new Flow Designer?

We would like to take advantage of the new SerivceNow Flow Designer tool but want to make sure AppPortal will also be going in that direction?

Is there a plan on migrating all AppPortal workflows used in ServiceNow from Workflow Editor to the new Flow Designer?

(1) Solution

Some people may recall that when App Broker for ServiceNow was originally released, it was leveraging ServiceNow Orchestration.  Flexera later changed the workflow to not use Orchestration because of push-back from customers around the added cost of Orchestration licenses.  I believe Flow Designer poses a similar scenario, but I'm not an expert on ServiceNow licensing.  This is a question better asked to ServiceNow to understand their licensing for Flow Designer and the impact if you were to switch the App Broker workflow from Workflow Editor to Flow Designer.  At this time, Flexera still has no plans to switch this to Flow Designer.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

Flexera Engineering is aware of this and assessing impact/effort.  There are currently no specific release plans for it.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

We are still wanting to move to Flow Designer for the interface between AppBroker and ServiceNow since ServiceNow workflow is an old technology and our technical team is better trained in the current Flow Designer.
Would Flexera converting to Flow Designer need for extra license cost since we believe Flow Designer would require use of ServiceNow's Integration Hub subscription?

Some people may recall that when App Broker for ServiceNow was originally released, it was leveraging ServiceNow Orchestration.  Flexera later changed the workflow to not use Orchestration because of push-back from customers around the added cost of Orchestration licenses.  I believe Flow Designer poses a similar scenario, but I'm not an expert on ServiceNow licensing.  This is a question better asked to ServiceNow to understand their licensing for Flow Designer and the impact if you were to switch the App Broker workflow from Workflow Editor to Flow Designer.  At this time, Flexera still has no plans to switch this to Flow Designer.

I guess I should add that if there isn't already an Idea posted for this, I would encourage you to submit one (if it's important to you).  It's certainly possible that Flexera could offer the workflow in both formats for those customers that are already using Flow Designer for other things.