cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Config Manager Required Roles

A customer is setting up the required permissions for App Portal to deploy applications and packages in SCCM and for the SCCM Console permissions it looks like the required roles are Full Admin or Administrator and OS Deployment Manager. The customer is reluctant to provide full admin, but they also don't see an option for an "Administrator" role for SCCM Console. Has there maybe been an update in ConfigMgr recently that may have changed the name of that role? The list of the possible roles is in the screenshot attached.

(1) Solution

Can you point me to where you read "Administrator and OS Deployment Manager"?  As far as I'm aware, the only supported option in our product documentation is "Full Admin".  That being said, within Services, we get push-back on that from almost every customer, so we almost always implement with "Application Administrator and OS Deployment Manager".

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

Can you point me to where you read "Administrator and OS Deployment Manager"?  As far as I'm aware, the only supported option in our product documentation is "Full Admin".  That being said, within Services, we get push-back on that from almost every customer, so we almost always implement with "Application Administrator and OS Deployment Manager".

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".