cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliance Management

Exploring the capabilities with using the license reclamation, Retire Campaign, and upgrade campaign. When I set up a retire campaign, I am not seeing any devices, even though FNMS shows devices for the particular Flexera ID. We are not using the Flexera Gateway but rather a direct connect to FNMS. Is there something else that needs to be configured? Thanks in advance.
(14) Replies

If I recall correctly, the View link for targeted devices will only work if you have configured FNMS database connectivity under the Flexera Integration site settings.  Have you configured the Database Server and Database Name under FlexNet Manager Suite Database Connection Settings?  Does your App Portal service account have read permissions to that database?

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".
Yes we have entered the DB information. We supplied it with the FNMS service account credentials rather than the App Portal credentials.

There are quite a few things going on here, but Jim is correct in that App Portal is querying the FNMS DB.. To start with, it looks like the following query is being run against the FNMS Compliance DB:

select distinct cci.ComputerName, ccu.UserName, isd.LastUsedDate, isd.DiscoveryDate, ccs.DefaultValue as Status, sti.FlexeraID
from InstalledSoftware isd
inner join ComplianceComputerInfo cci on isd.ComplianceComputerID = cci.ComplianceComputerID
left join ComplianceUser ccu on ccu.ComplianceUserID = cci.AssignedUserID
left join compliancecomputerstatus ccs on ccs.compliancecomputerstatusid = cci.compliancecomputerstatusid
inner join SoftwareTitleInfo sti on sti.SoftwareTitleID = isd.SoftwareTitleID
where sti.FlexeraID = 'arl://MGS-APP-00000111742'

Where the arl would be that which you have specified for the retire campaign.. I'd start by ensuring that this query returns values.. In addition, I'd look at the App Portal log files in the logs/MyApps folder to see if there is any activity which could explain the behavior (conditions, etc...). 

Thanks for the suggestions. We were able to run that query and have it return results. We also verified that our App Portal service account has read rights to the FNMS compliance DB. In addition there were no log files in the My Apps folder, except for one that basically just listed a couple of actions we did to remove a prior license reclamation test.
It looks like after App Portal checks the FNMS database, it will then try to match up each "ComputerName" returned by the query with a corresponding MachineName in vUserComputerMap. Can you try plugging in one of the ComputerNames returned by the FNMS query into the following query:

select * from vUserComputerMap where MachineName like '<machineName>'

At this point, I'm speculating that there is no relationships defined for the devices returned by the FNMS query. Note that this second query should be run against the App Portal DB.

Looks like this query ran successful.  We can perform other activities with FNMS integration such as license check in\out.  Just can't see the devices.

Also, I do see the devices listed under the Alerts option. 

What version is being used?  We're on 2019 R1 and we have many active campaigns under My Apps and the Alerts link show devices and their status, but when I click the View link for targeted devices I'm getting the same result as you do.  I'm wondering if the View link is not working correctly in 2019 R1

Yep 2019 R1 as well here.  

@goody612  / @TeriStevenson ,

Have either of you filed a support case on this issue in 2019 R1?  If not, could you please do that?

Thanks!

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

I do have a case currently open for this.

There were some problems with performance regarding the target devices link.. Typically, these result in a timeout being logged. Engineering is supposed to provide a hotfix shortly which makes some improvements to the code.. The only other possible cause is that the ESD Service account is not a recognized user in FNMS. While this will not log/display any errors, you will not see any results when selecting the link.. If this were the case, you would not see any results when connecting to the FNMS DB using the App Portal Service account, and running the query I provided. Once this is available, I'll provide this so you can try it out.

Perhaps this has been resolved now in App Portal 2019 R1 SP1?

IOJ-2068842

Performance issues with My Apps - targeted devices link times out.

See the SP1 announcement here.

Yes, this should be resolved in 2019R1 SP1

Please note that the connection to the FNMS database only works with the App Portal service account credentials.  The alternate credentials that you can specify in the settings are only used to connect to the FNMS web service, which doesn't come into play here.  I've asked engineering in the past why we don't use those credentials when connecting to SQL as well and have been told that we can't use impersonation on the SQL connection.  I'm still not sure that's true, but haven't made any headway on it yet.  In any case, the only way this will work for you in the current state of the product is if you give the App Portal service account read permissions to the FNMS compliance database.