cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing a Catalog Item Type

Hello,

Is it possible to change a catalog type from General to Application. We have some General Applications that run custom actions and have their Questionnaires and Approval workflows set up. We now have SCCM assignments for some of these catalog Items and would like for a user to be added to the SCCM collections on Approval.

I tried just adding a SCCM deployment (it looked like it added it correctly), but the type is still General.

I’d prefer not to have to archive these Catalog items just to reimport them in again as Application types.

Thanks.

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

When you add deployment to a general catalog item, it should change the type.  I just ran a very basic test by adding an application to a general catalog item, and the type changed to application.. i did not try the same for packages and task sequences, but I don't see why this would not work as well. I should also note that the type is actually stored in the WD_WebPackages table, under the Type column.. 0=package, 15=application, 4=task sequence. and 1= general (there are others, but these are the most common. If, for whatever reason, you do not see the type change when you add an application to a general catalog item, you could always change the type in the DB. 

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

When you add deployment to a general catalog item, it should change the type.  I just ran a very basic test by adding an application to a general catalog item, and the type changed to application.. i did not try the same for packages and task sequences, but I don't see why this would not work as well. I should also note that the type is actually stored in the WD_WebPackages table, under the Type column.. 0=package, 15=application, 4=task sequence. and 1= general (there are others, but these are the most common. If, for whatever reason, you do not see the type change when you add an application to a general catalog item, you could always change the type in the DB. 

Thanks for your help. I needed to update the type value in the DB for the change to be reflected. Seems to have worked.