cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can App Broker connect directly to Azure AD?

I'm pretty sure that there isn't currently a way to connect AB directly to Azure Active Directory, but that workarounds exist like syncing Azure AD with on prem AD and using that to accomplish certain goals. Can someone confirm that this is accurate?

(1) Solution

In general, there is no direct connection between App Broker and Azure AD for the things labeled as "Active Directory" in the admin UI (e.g. AD OU, group, or property for visibility conditions, question conditions, approval conditions, etc.).  As you state, the workaround would be to sync Azure AD with on-prem AD and use the connection to on-prem AD.  If you are using Intune, there is a connection to Azure AD for syncing user/device information, but that's the only thing I'm aware of that talks to Azure AD.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

In general, there is no direct connection between App Broker and Azure AD for the things labeled as "Active Directory" in the admin UI (e.g. AD OU, group, or property for visibility conditions, question conditions, approval conditions, etc.).  As you state, the workaround would be to sync Azure AD with on-prem AD and use the connection to on-prem AD.  If you are using Intune, there is a connection to Azure AD for syncing user/device information, but that's the only thing I'm aware of that talks to Azure AD.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

That's correct. The Intune integration is the only thing that connects to Azure AD Directly. Generally, if somebody needs to do something in Azure, they will create a PowerShell script to do so, and then invoke the PowerShell as a command action.