cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect App Broker to SCCM in Azure

Does anyone have experience in setting up an AB environment on premises, but connecting to SCCM in Azure? Are there any changes to the deployment technology connection process? 

(1) Solution

I would think that as long as there is a private network connection between them, it shouldn't be any different than having them both on-prem.  If there isn't a private network connection, then I suspect there might be some issues with SQL connectivity and maybe even one or two things attempting to go over SMB (can't remember for sure).

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

I haven't done this and am not aware of others that have done this yet.  Are you asking in preparation for an attempt, or have you tried and run into issues?  Would you have some kind of direct connect network link between the on-prem App Broker system and the Azure SCCM environment, or would this all be over the internet?

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

I am asking in preparation for an attempt. I know we have one customer that has App Broker set up in Azure and connected to on-prem SCCM and that connection I guess was very straightforward, so I assume going the reverse direction shouldn't really be any different, but another customer wants to touch base tomorrow on getting this done because they are migrating SCCM to Azure soon, so I wanted to see if there's anything else I should know prior to my conversation with them.

I would think that as long as there is a private network connection between them, it shouldn't be any different than having them both on-prem.  If there isn't a private network connection, then I suspect there might be some issues with SQL connectivity and maybe even one or two things attempting to go over SMB (can't remember for sure).