cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Portal/Remedy Create Default Operations

dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

We are trying to recreate the Remedy Incident Status Management Service Wrapper and the Service Request Status Management Service Wrapper in our App Portal/Remedy integration. When I test the Third-party integration settings the response is valid, but when I select "Create Default Operations" it returns an error of "Unexpected error occurred on a send".

Has anyone experienced this and know what the solution is?

Full error is below.

<![LOG[Error while connecting to https://<customerdomain>/esd/WS/RemedyWrapper.asmx?wsdl The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at AppPortal.Business.WebServiceInvoker.Connect(SystemLogoType SystemLogoType)]LOG]!><time="15:05:20.000+240" date="3-27-2020" component="Connect" context="" type="1" thread="2" file="Website">

(2) Replies

Unfortunately, I don't have a Remedy instance to test/validate this against.  Is the <customerdomain> pointing either to "localhost" or the App Portal server name?  If pointing elsewhere, then some configuration is incorrect somewhere.  If pointing to the App Portal server name, is that the actual server name/IP address, or is that an alias that's sitting on a load balancer/VIP?  Is this issue the same as this other post?  If so, I still highly suggest setting up a hosts/lmhosts file entry on the App Portal server that redirects that alias name to the local server name/IP, localhost, loopback, or 127.0.0.1, as the issue seems to be with traffic that is looping out to some other device on the network and then trying to come back into the server.  Forcing it to the loopback connection (127.0.0.1) should prevent that round-tripping.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

@jdempsey Thanks for the quick reply. I have added the loopback address into the hostfile. I have tried creating the default operations using both the VIP and the actual server name. The VIP responds with the error in the OP. The actual server name responds with a 403 error.