cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where are my registry keys?

I have just tried to repackage a large piece of software and repackager (with default options) has not captured any of the registry keys. I know that there are plenty of them. My .nir file does not contain them either.

looeee
(6) Replies
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I would like to suggest you to check if the registry check is included.

By the way, make sure that the repackager is running on the same machine where the to-be-repackaked application is installed if you want to capture the registry changes.

Or send me your isrepackager.ini file.

Thanks

Maobing

(WO#1-7C6CO)
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
This issue has been identified and will be fixed in our incoming MP release.

For now, the work-around is: Never disable your WelcomePage . If you have checked "Don't show next time" on welcome page, you must remove the isrepackager.ini file from Windows folder, or modify the "ShowWelcomePage" line to "ShowWelcomePage=1 " in the file.

Thanks for finding this stupid bug.

Maobing
Thank you for your help.
looeee
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
MaobingJin,

I have been seeing similar problems to this thread whilst using repackager fromAdmin Studio 3.01.

Please can you let me know whether this is still an issue for this version of Repackager ???

By default I always tick the "Don't show Welcome Page"......

Tearing my hair out over the 'not capturing registry info' issue at the moment.

Many thanks,

Sonic. :confused:
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
This has been fixed after 3.01. In AdminStudio 3.5, Repackager removed the Don't Show again checkbox on Welcome Page.
I always tick the "Don't show Welcome Page"......

Hey Sonic
that's where the problem comes from.
The dialog should actually read "Click here for an error"

if you are on AS 3.01, then if you delete [WindowsFolder]isrepackager.ini the problem will go away

looeee