cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

notes.ini location

Hello All,

Here is the issue that I hope you could help me with :

I already have Lotus Notes 6 installed on all machines in our office.
Notes programs are located in C:\Program Files\Lotus\Notes
Data and notes.ini files are located in P:\Notes where P is the user's home directory on the server

The issue is that when I upgrade to Lotus Notes 7.0.2, the upgrade program installes a new notes.ini
in C:\Program Files\Lotus\Notes and ignores the original one on the P drive.

I am using InstallShield Tuner 6 and created a new MST file but can't figure out
where to point it to recognize the notes.ini on the P and upgrade it instead of
writing a new ini to the C

Thanks so much for the help
Regards
Franco
(3) Replies
By 'Upgrade', are you referring to using the IniFile table (i.e. 'INI File Changes'), or just a simple file overwrite?

If you're just overwriting the file, it should be possible to create a System Search for notes.ini, and then use the System Search property in a Set Directory custom action targeting Notes.ini's component destination.
thanks for your reply,,,

By 'Upgrade', are you referring to using the IniFile table (i.e. 'INI File Changes'), or just a simple file overwrite?

---> where can I refer it ? where can i check wich settings im using ?

If you're just overwriting the file, it should be possible to create a System Search for notes.ini, and then use the System Search property in a Set Directory custom action targeting Notes.ini's component destination.

---> where can i create a system search for a note.ini

sorry im just beginning to test this tool..

thanks for your help..
Tinella wrote:
thanks for your reply,,,

---> where can I refer it ? where can i check wich settings im using ?

---> where can i create a system search for a note.ini

sorry im just beginning to test this tool..

thanks for your help..

What I would recommend is to search the Installation Designer -> Additional Tools -> Direct Editor in your *.ism project file for 'Notes.ini', and then post which table(s) you find the references. The two main possibilities I'm inquiring about are the File table and the IniFile table.

Regarding the System Search, this is a view under Installation Designer -> Behavior and Logic -> System Search.

System Search Wizard:
http://helpnet.macrovision.com/robo/projects/installshield12helplib/SystemSearchWizard.htm