cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

conflicting .msi files

When launching an application it is repairing from a different .msi file! The two .msi files each contain a comctl32.ocx file.Package 1 version of the file is newer than package 2 and therfore overwrites it. When I launch package 1 it intiates a repa...

Basic MSI Project all files inside ??

HiI'm making a simple Basic MSI Project with Devstudio 9.01 sp1. Adminstudio editionAnd no mater what, i can't get the files for the installation to Buildinside the MSI.I get this Install release folder where the files are, i want them inside the MS...

sweede by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to add ISScript.msi Merge Module

Hi,I'm in the process of repackaging Rational ClearCase 6 using AdminStudio 5.0/Developer 8.0. After repackaging, I noticed that the ISScript was needed. We I attempt to add the ISScript merge module to I get the following message in the Results wi...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nested installs with isscript

Ok, this is getting frustrating!! I have automated installs for well over 150+ legacy apps. I have not yet been able to do 1 single application that requires isscript.msi. I know a lot of people are asking questions about nested installs or about iss...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Merge Modules.

I am repackaging an old App that requires VB6 German runtimes. When I install it they are recorded by repackager but not included into the final ISM.I know that the thing wont work without them. Ho do i manually include the MergeModule into a project...

Writing to existing profiles

I am currently tring to create an MSI that will assign permissions to an existing registry key. I am trying to restrict/Grant permissions to a key in HKCUUsing AdminStudio 5.5 I have created a component (componentx)Within that component I have added ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Errors building Autodesk Map 3D

I am a newbie using AS 5.5 and trying to create a package for Autodesk Map 3D 2005. When I go to repackage the application I am receiving the following errors:ISDEV : warning -6014: The shortcut "AutodeskCivil3DProjectAdministrationTool" for compone...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nested Directory Permissions

I have to repackage a lot of programs because people still dont quite seem to understand what a locked down environment is.I have to change the permissions of the HKLM and the Program files directory AND ALL SUBKEYS/DIRECTORIES this is somewhat anno...

ActiveSync 3.7.1 Problems...Help/Advice sought

Hello folksI am attempting to package the latest version of Microsoft ActiveSync (3.7.1) into a standard MSI.I have browsed throught this thread: ActiveSyncThread I deleted the following registry keys to alleviate the Program Files folder openeing ev...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

.ini file problem

I'd like to add just a keyword to a .ini file without the = signI'm using the INI file changes section in DevStudioif I add a keyword e.g. "stopsign" without a value it just puts the following line into the .ini file.stopsign=I don't want the equals ...