cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Downloading and install probelm

HiWe bought install shield admin stidio 3 std edition via the internet and requested that to save on shipping that we wanted to doenload it of the web.The URL was sent to us as well as the password and serial number. When we went to the site to downl...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Program maintenance dialog

I have just started to use Install Shield Express 3 and have comeacross an issue. I have build my first install and it runs. However,when I run the install for the second time on the same PC I ampresented with a Program Maintenance dialog with option...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem with ConflictSolver

Hello!I have a problem with ConflictSolver. I open a new database file and start the Import Wizard. I choose the MSI file I want to import, but can't choose "Run Confilct" (It's grey) only Run validation. I run the validation part, and everything loo...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

# symbol in Registry key value causes 1406 error

I have an application that uses a # symbol in the data value of a registry key: #DiademATF The value is captured by InstallShield properly but returns error 1406 when the setup package is run on a clean machine. It seems that AdminStudio is not ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows installer error message

I got this error after creating MST and Setup.exe (using Packaging Wizard). It hapened on more than one packages.Any idea??

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrected User cannot use the repackaged program

I repackaged couple of programs for windows 2000 and I have problem with some of them. I am installing program as a administrator but when I try to use it as a restricted user I can't launch it, or i have error messages, or sometimes windows installe...

shortcut not replaced during Minor Upgrade

Hello,I have 2 versions of a product:version 1.0version 1.1version 1.0 installs some files + "SHORTCUT1" that points to "FILE A" on the Desktop.version 1.1 installs exactly the same files as version 1.0. The only change is the shortcut on the Deskto...

bertilh by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Standard shortcuts (non-advertised)

Hello,From what I have read:1) .exe files must be in their own component and be the key file for that component2) non-advertised shortcuts must use a registry key under HKCU as their key path, not a file.When I repackage my application, it automatica...

bertilh by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos