Did you mean: 

Problem in converting Professional InstallShield Projects

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Our Company has bought AdminStudio 3.0 but my attempts to
convert the Professional 6.22 InstallShield projects into AdminStudio
projects
were not succesful (the Author program doesn't take any action alt all.)
This happens for Every Professional 6.22 project I try to convert.
I would really appreciate if you can suggest us the correct project
conversion
strategy.
Thanks in advance for your help.

:confused:
(4) Replies
Hi, so are you opening the *.ipr files using the File -> Open dialog in the AdminStudio Author component?

I just ran I couple of tests and was able to do so...

Regarding, your conversion strategy.... are you trying to make all of you setups Windows Installer based? Is this to take advantage of other features in AdminStudio like ConflictSolver and Tuner?

Can you elaborate on your situation a bit?

Thanks,
Mike
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Thanks for your reply!
I tried to open my *.ipr files using the File -> Open dialog in the AdminStudio Author component, after I have select the .ipr file the Author doesn't display messages I don't understand if it is working or not, moreover if I try to open from 'open a project...'
another project why from the Browser button can I select another project? I'm confused, I don't understand if I have put in my old projects so many personalized futures that the Author isn't able to convert. From your experience how many time Author takes to convert a project? I have opened 15 minutes ago my *.ipr file from File->Open dialog and from 'task manager' the Author component is in running state; but I don't understand if it is working.

My Best Regards

Daniela Durelli

:confused:
Daniela,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. The conversion should go pretty fast.... You'll see status being displayed in the Output Window.

Perhaps you hid the output window? It is shown by default, but you can hide/show using the View menu.

-Mike
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Thanks for your reply, I have wrote my problem to
InstallShield Support and they have tested one of my project,
they replied me that there is a bug on Author module that will be
fixed in the next release.
Thank you for your reply and my best regards.

Daniela Durelli