cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

How clean should a clean computer be.

In creating a clean computer to run repackager on, how much software should be installed? Does the service pack installed matter?Does the version of Internet Explorer matter?What about the video and audio drivers for the computer?Dennis

Adding a line to an existing file

Hello!I have a problem with an installation that adds a line to the existing "hosts." file. I make a package of the installation, and everything looks OK, but the line that should have been added to "hosts." is not there.In my .inc file the followin...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repackager bombing

I've been using Adminstudio since 3.0, we have repackaged dozens of applications. I finally got my copie of 3.5 last week (after using Beta 3.5 for a couple of months).All the images are for XP. Repackager is used on vanilla XP stations.Since using ...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Launch Registration Link

What is the best way to launch a URL after the install has completed? I have attempted a custom action, and set it to launch after cost initialize on the Install UI & Install Exec Sequence as well as "Always Execute". Getting mixed results.Thought...

How to view custom templates in Author

We are a team of administrators using AdminStudio 3.01 connected to a central SQL database.In Author's InstallShield Today, when I choose "Create a new project..." there is a window ("Project Type") showing available templates. I can choose a templat...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

combining packages?

I am curious. I have a package that has software dependancies. I have repackaged all 4 programs into 4 seperate packages that install only if needed. What i really want is one package with 4 components, that install automatically if they are require...

annoying microsoft thing

has anyone else had a problem whereby they change the path for %programfilesfolder% etc and then get a wierd mishmash of folder locations? explanation:original path = C:\programmenew path = D:\Appsactually installing to = C:\Appsthis is not all prog...

Custom Action

I created a custom action which points to an install script function and I inserted the custom action into the sequence. At the begining, when I ran it, I got an error msg, then I changed the sequence for this action. I ran again without any message,...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

repackage installshield exe

I have servral programs to script that allready come as installshield packages . I have admin studio 3. Dose anyone know a way to convert an installshield package to an MSI without repackaging it. some of the packages are compresed installshield file...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

INI File Permission Change

:confused: I needed to change the permission on INI file which got register in Configure the Target system\ INI file changes in Developer 7.04 which is part of Admin Studio 3.5. I am able to make that change using another tool called ORCA but have no...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos