cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

annoying microsoft thing

has anyone else had a problem whereby they change the path for %programfilesfolder% etc and then get a wierd mishmash of folder locations? explanation:original path = C:\programmenew path = D:\Appsactually installing to = C:\Appsthis is not all prog...

Custom Action

I created a custom action which points to an install script function and I inserted the custom action into the sequence. At the begining, when I ran it, I got an error msg, then I changed the sequence for this action. I ran again without any message,...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

repackage installshield exe

I have servral programs to script that allready come as installshield packages . I have admin studio 3. Dose anyone know a way to convert an installshield package to an MSI without repackaging it. some of the packages are compresed installshield file...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

INI File Permission Change

:confused: I needed to change the permission on INI file which got register in Configure the Target system\ INI file changes in Developer 7.04 which is part of Admin Studio 3.5. I am able to make that change using another tool called ORCA but have no...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add Remove Programs - Question

I need to know how to not have my package be made available in the add/remove programs in Control Panel. I don't want users to be able to UnInstall it except for authorized users that will run the .msi file again to remove/repair it.Thanx:eek:

Lotus Notes 5.08 Desktop Configuration

I have created two packages one is a base Lotus Notes 5.08 installation package that installs the Lotus Notes 5.08 the other is just a Desktop configuration of the Lotus Notes 5.08 client to access Dominos Server. If i deploy the base package it wor...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

INC to ISM with 3.5 - No Go!

Since our upgrade this morning (from 3.01 to 3.5) we have been unable to sucessfully import an INC (with Developer OR the Legacy Conversion Wizard).We are (4 of us) all using 25% of the available CPUs (we have 4), RAM is constantWe are in a Windows 2...

Adobe Acrobat - Suggestions?

I am evaluating AdminStudio 2.0 and have tried a number of times to repackage the Adobe Acrobat 5 setup. Everything appears functional except the Acrobat Distiller printer is not showing up. I believe it is most likely the case that the hardware re...

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

path variable playing up?

In 3.0 I had no problems at all. However since i started using 3.5 I cannot get anything to work...If my repackaged source files are in D:\source\files the conversion wizard tries to repackage the files from D:\source\files\SOURCE\FILES\ what is goin...