cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Upgrade Serial Number?

Hello,We recently purchased InstallShield 3.5, but we received no serial number with our purchase.We have version 3 also, but the serial number from version 3 did not work with version 3.5.Any ideas? The retailer that sold us the software says they ...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Citrix Package...

HELP!!!I have created two packages one is a base Citrix installation package that installs the Citrix ICA 32-bit Windows Client & the other is just a configuration of the Citrix client to access Manugistics. If I deploy the base package and then dep...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Difference Between Clicking Remove and Maintenance Mode/Remove?

Hi. I have an MSI package that was given to us by an outside vendor.I need to make some modifications to the installation so I have created a Transform to accomplish this.The Transform seems to work fine as far as application functionality goes, but...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Completely overwrite .ini file

I use Admin Studio 3.01 and have buildt a package with Author.Scenario:There is an ini file present on the computer when I start to install. I want the installation to completely overwrite the ini file, loosing all previous content, and create a new ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

missing dlls from repackaged files

ISDEV : error -1024: The source file "msrating.dll" for Icon Icon_msrating.dll does not exist.it does and it is there in the correct dir? any ideas what i am doing wrong? the msrating.dll is definately there, although it is called msrating.dll_com (...

Finding Conflicts between Merge modules and MSI's

I got a bunch of merge modules and a bunch of MSI's. I want to check each MSI one at a time against the Merge modules for conflicts, how is this done. I can check two MSI's against each other no problem, so I tried putting all the merge modules into...

Windows Explorer Launch...

I wanted to know if any of you have experienced an issue where, if you install any of the Office 97 products including Project 98 Windows Explorer will not launch until a reboot even if the installation doesn't require / prompt for a reboot. I have ...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packages...

I have a number of packages that I have created that install fine and work properly for a given user. The problem I have is when I add a new user to the machine Windows Installer requires access to the original package to complete a "mini-setup" if ...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How clean should a clean computer be.

In creating a clean computer to run repackager on, how much software should be installed? Does the service pack installed matter?Does the version of Internet Explorer matter?What about the video and audio drivers for the computer?Dennis

Adding a line to an existing file

Hello!I have a problem with an installation that adds a line to the existing "hosts." file. I make a package of the installation, and everything looks OK, but the line that should have been added to "hosts." is not there.In my .inc file the followin...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos