cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Error 2343... again

I have seen many messages about the error 2343 in this forum, but there are no answer that solves my problem.I get the 2343 error message before anything else happens.When I start my package, it checks the OS version, configure the Windows Installer ...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Question to repackagers!!!

To those of you who have repackaged Winzip. When you install your package and a new user logs in does Windows Installer run briefly to create keys under HKEY_CURRENT_USER? Actually this applies to any application that creates keys under HKEY_CURREN...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mapped Drive letters

How do I add a shortcut to a file that lives on a server when the way to it is via a mapped drive letter.I want to set a shortcut to a program on the O drive but when I try to install the app via active directory it fails due to the O drive not being...

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

\??\%SystemFolder% problem

When trying to repackage a program I get the following entry in the log: *** Warning: Registry entries for service 'INPROFSD' will remain in the Registry table because the path format for the ImagePath '\??\%SystemFolder%\kwWebIFS.sys' is not suppor...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDAC 2.7 Progress Bar

I recently built a package with Developer to deploy MDAC 2.7 SP1.I'm using the MDAC27ENU.MSM which I downloaded from Installshield. I created a new project and merged the MDAC module into it. Then, I created a transform to run the install silently:...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Acrobat Writer 5

Aaahhhh !!!! i thought I had this working.I am trying to repackage Adobe Acrobat Writer 5, I have a win XP pro with no office installed. I have created the MSI and tested it.Under the user who installs it it works fine does not even try and self hea...

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

MS office and General Application Security

HiAll I'm looking to do is be able to distribute MS office Apps to all of our users on CD Rom, but I do not want them to be able to install these MSI's on their own Personal PC'sWe have currently achieved this by placing a .txt file on our machines w...

mnimmo by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Settings rights on a folder?!?!?

Is there a way to create a basic msi package that does the following?Changes the rights on C:\Winnt\Installer; C:\Winnt\Temp;Bryan

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Not Capturing Changes in Windows folder

Hi All, For some reason InstallShield is not capturing any changes in the Windows Folder and all subdirectories. I have created a new Exclusion from default, used InstallShield defaults and every combination under the sun with regards to the ini f...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos