cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Building .iss

I'm trying to build a response file for a vendor application called Fulcrum Fulview. When I install this application it launches an InstallSheild wizard, during which it temporarily loads an .msi and several .mst(s) into the temp directory. I attempted to run a record ( c:\Temp\Fulview.exe /r /f1c:\Temp\Fulview.iss), however I get the following info from an Installshield popup window:

Command Line Parameters:

/L Language ID
/S Silent Mode
/V Parameters to MsiExec.exe

When I exit this window, I'm back at a new line. Is there another way to build this .iss. I was under the impression that all applications packaged with InstallSheild could use this switch. If not, do you know which MsiExec parameters that may give me the same result???
Thanks
(5) Replies
If it's an InstallShield setup, try putting double quotes for the path to ISS file after /f1. Please see Q105473 in IS Knowledge Base for complete information.
Attempted the Double Quotes around the path, but still received the same popup message.

I also read the article, but nothing referenced no being able to use that switch...
I am able to create a response file without any difficulty. Are you certain it is an InstallScript MSI?
How can I determine if its an Installscript MSI???

It says Installsheild all over the Install windows and I saw it drop down a .msi during the install. This led me to believe that I could use the response file.

Are there other qualifications that need to be met??? That I need to check for???
If there is no ISScript.msi in the temporary folder, it is probably not an InstallScript MSI setup. Another way is to confirm that IDriver.exe isn't running at the time of installation.