cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

ISMsiServer Startup

When I will deploy a Setup I get follow error message.ISMsiServerStartup Failure, Falied to create InstallDriver, Error = 0x80070005It is a vendor setup an I made some changes with a .mst File.When I start the Setup with a doubel click or I deploy it...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wscript.Sleep with a VBscript CA doesn't work

I’ve used AdminStudio v5.5 to create a MSI file that contains a VBscript Binary Custom. I have since discovered the Wscript.Sleep command within my VBscript Binary Custom Action causes the script to exit at the sleep line with a ‘Script Error –214682...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

A SIMPLE question - launch already installed executable (Outlook)

Hi all,I'm sorry to bother everyone with a seemingly simple question but this is really kicking my butt. I need my .msi to launch Outlook just before it completes. I have tried the custom action vbscript using commit action and it fails saying the ...

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Question about installation modes

Hi,I would like make my application install the same way no matter how many times it has been installed on a pc.ie.- Install app (get all install options etc) Install success- Install app again on same pc (same user) here i would like to get all ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lock Permissions Table/entries

can someone clear this for me in a simple yes or no?Can I specify User groups and not just individual users in the File and Directory Lock Permissions table?I have tried [%USERDOMAIN] [Everyone] and [ComputerName] [Users] but no joy?? Does this mean...

Admin installs

We are trying to understand the way a network admin would use MSI installations to deploy to a company's workstations. One of the things we thought we understood about the admin install to a server "msi package /A " was that it would write out to the...

Repackager Out Of Memory Error

I am running repackager version 5.50.70.0 on a Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition.I get an "Out of Memory" error when running the Repackaging Wizard to do a Snapshot in "multiple pass" mode. During the scan for the initial state of the system, I s...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos