cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Adobe Reader 6.0.1 Help Needed

I am really having a hard time with Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0.1I have tried so many different ways to make it work, and i just cant seem to get it to workI have looked through the forums for help, but havent found anything that helpedAnyhelp would be ...

rcrusco by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

custom action in vbs creates admin user

I have worked on this for 2 days. I am creating a LOCAL admin user so that they can run our upgrade process. I created the msi in Wise however it does not uninstall (gives error 1101). I wanted to use the company standard which is installshield.All t...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2003 Transform

I just got the enterprise version of Office 2003. I started up Tuner, and pointed it to the std11.msi on the cd. The Office 2003 setup starts, I enter my CD key for office, click next, and then it disappears, and tells me that it's done and a pack...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

HowTo prevent error 1706 for multi user system

Sorry for my english I'm French CanadianHowTo prevent error 1706 for multi user systemAll file is correctly install but when Advertising run to install HKCU this reinstall (or validate) from the source for all componentnot juste the failed component...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Real dumb question about setting permissions

I have a query about settings permissions on files and registry entries. I'm sure it's a really simple answer but can't find it documented anywhere.I know that to set permissions on something I can add [%USERDOMAIN] in the Domain field and 'Domain Us...

Can you filter the results of a Validation?

Is there any way to filter the results of a Validation? In my current example, I’m starting with a vendor MSI which contains a pile of errors. I’ve learned to ignore them because it their MSI and it works, etc, etc. But… (there’s that ‘but’ again)...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

uninstall question

when i uninstall some app, there is a question that ask me if i want to delete the associated profiles. i don't want that question to appears, is there some other way than /qn to not display it? /qn does not work here.thanks.

kardock by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error 1913

I have a package that copies some files and writes an .ini file to a users home directory on a server they are attached to. The installation is fine until it begins to write the .ini file (a 1913 error is generated). The .ini file does not exist in...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos