cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Lock Permissions Table/entries

can someone clear this for me in a simple yes or no?Can I specify User groups and not just individual users in the File and Directory Lock Permissions table?I have tried [%USERDOMAIN] [Everyone] and [ComputerName] [Users] but no joy?? Does this mean...

Admin installs

We are trying to understand the way a network admin would use MSI installations to deploy to a company's workstations. One of the things we thought we understood about the admin install to a server "msi package /A " was that it would write out to the...

Repackager Out Of Memory Error

I am running repackager version 5.50.70.0 on a Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition.I get an "Out of Memory" error when running the Repackaging Wizard to do a Snapshot in "multiple pass" mode. During the scan for the initial state of the system, I s...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sql Scripts

Does anyone know if there is an InstallShield product that allows a setup to run a SQL script? Thanks!

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying through Active Directory

I've created an MSI which installs/uninstalls ok through group policies in Active Directory.I see within Advanced Deployment Options that there is a deployment count in the the Advanced Diagnostic Information panel.No matter which way I've tried, thi...

Setting up a Custon Action in Tuner

I'm trying to package MicroSoft MapPoint 2004 for distribution within my company. Since it is already an MSI, I am using Tuner to create an MST to go with it. Among other things, I don't want the EULA dialogs to come out. If I add the EULA value t...

Converting irp to ism File

I’ve created DevStudio v5.5 Project via a ‘Repackager’ Snapshot, then excluded various files and reg keys in the ‘irp’ Repackager file, but when I opened the ‘isp’ Devstudio file, I discovered all my exclusions were still displayed within the project...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hardware Install Apps Packaging

I have had nothing but problems when it comes to repackaging drivers and software for hardware installs. Is there some tips or best practices on this? Is there some settings or something that I need to make sure are set before doing snapshots? I'm...