cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Isscript: Backwards compatible?

::Re-packaging scenario::Is isscript backwards compatible? Lets say, if one package requires isscript9 and is installed....and another package was written with isscrip6... does isscript6 need to be installed?Can multiple version of isscript be insta...

Non Standard INI files

I'm new to Admin Studio, and so far it seems like a great product. The problem I'm having is with non standard INI files. Below is a copy of one of the INI files. When I looked at the log created after making an MSI the only errors I receive are ...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Maintenance process

Hi,I'm searching how I can reuse the installation process without the process "Mintenance".I just want to have the possibility to use the setup twice (or more) without unstalling the application.Regards

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing registry value

How does one remove one of the registry values in the registry key without removing the other value in the same key?I have captured an install and successfully packaged it into an msi. However, using that msi to install also installs the unwanted reg...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error 1931 - Packaging Windows Media Player (v9)

All,Im looking for some help! Has anyone successfully created an MSI for the installation of Windows Media Player (v.9)? I package it fine, without erors but when i install the msi i get the following error;Error 1931: The Windows Installer service c...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Strange Operator ~=

I'm working on packaging MapPoint 2004 for distribution within my company, using Tuner.I have the msi/mst properly uninstalling the previous version, if any, when executing from the command line.When the install is executed by ManageSoft, it doesn't ...

WinZip 9.0 Repackage help

I am trying to repackage WinZip 9.0The package is working well, but there is one problem with itif one goes to a command prompt and types "winzip"the installed program will not launchcloser inspection of the build logs showUndefined file extension '...

rcrusco by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error starting DevStudio

Hello guys. Windows XP SP1, one of my developers is getting an error message anytime he is trying to start DevStudio. Error message is: Library not registered, failed to create an empty document. I uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled AdminStudio 5....

dynamox by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Legacy Setup Conversion failed

I packaged an application using the repackager (Adminstudio V3.5), but I get an error when attempting to convert the .inc file.The log file looks like:Mapping shell extension verbs from registry information to the Verb tableWriting to the ProgId tabl...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

ISMsiServer Startup

When I will deploy a Setup I get follow error message.ISMsiServerStartup Failure, Falied to create InstallDriver, Error = 0x80070005It is a vendor setup an I made some changes with a .mst File.When I start the Setup with a doubel click or I deploy it...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos