Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Multiple MSTs

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
A quick question...

Say I'm given an MSI that already has an MST file with it. Load up both into Tuner with the intention of making a second MST file. Once I'm done with my modifications, I now have an MSI file, and two MST files.

Does the second MST file incorporate the modifications from the first MST file? Or do I still have to deploy the MSI with both MST files?

Same question with ConflictSolver. I import an MSI file alongside an MST file. Find conflicts, make another MST file to resolve. I now have an MSI file, along with two MST files. Again, does the second MST file incorporate the modifications from the first MST file, or do I still need to deploy using both MST files?

Longtime viewer of the forums, first time posting. Thank you very much for your time.
(3) Replies
You will need to deploy both mst files. If you want to only deploy a single mst file, instead of creating a new transform via tuner, just open an existing transform in Tuner or DevStudio and edit it directly.

Hope this helps.

Mark D
Software Quality Engineer
InstallShield Software Corp.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Indeed it does. Thanks!
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Another option could be to embed the transforms and the msi into a new msi file thereby eliminating the need for a transform at all