cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

msi

Hi Guys,I am using InstallShield Pro 6.3 and created a setup.exe using InstallScript I want to add SMS and group policy support to my current installer. How can I achieve this? I know in order to have SMS support, I need to convert to MSI package. Ca...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrade Question.

HI,I have a couple of applications which are subject to regular upgrades. Generally these upgrades consist of me being given 2 or 3 files from the existing application which have been changed by our developers. I used Adminstudio to repackage the ori...

Merge Modules

I'm attempting to use merge modules for the first time and I have some cocnerns. I'm building an install that requires MDAC 2.8 and DirectX 9b. I've loaded the merge modules and everything is cool, but I'm building a corporate-wide Tivoli distribut...

mxl0b23 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

_Validation Table issues

We use a inhouse apps that uses the MSI.DLL to standardise some of our MSI's and Transforms. We have encountered a problem in transforms, when we use Tuner to generate our tranform, we have no problems, however, if we then open up the Transform in I...

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Logging from custom Action

Hi All,I've created some custom actions wich do some stuff on the filesystem and registry.. Is it possible to write status messages from to custom action to the installation log file?So if I start my installation with:msiexec /i setitup.msi /qb /L*...

BartVa by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mapped Drive

I recently packaged an application and I have the strangest problem. If i doulbe click on the MSI file it installs fine. If i remotely install (using MSIEXEC or our altiris solution) I get the error:Error 1327.Invalid Drive: R:\Now the software doe...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repackager

I tried to repackage a product using AdminStudio's 5.0 and had no problems but whenI try to package this under vmware, I take the first snapshot and then the system just gives up without any error message or log. The VMware machine has XP image on i...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install spawning new install windows

I'm having problems with a package built in DevStudio. The package contains a VB6 app and uses Crystal 9 merge modules. When I install it with the /i switch it works fine. However, if I try to install it using the /jm switch it has problems. I ru...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Data to remove from Capture after reboot

Hi-I am trying to put together a list of things to remove from an ISM if the Snapshot required a reboot in the mddle of it. I have certain things like NAV, InstallShield info, certain IE settings, and some W2K specific info, but was wondering if any...

extract registry information from setup.Exe

Hello,I have to repackaged a patch installation into an MSI, the problem is snapshot is not taking all the modifications, so i'm looking for a way to extract the registry informations from the setup.exe and the data.cab.I managed to extract the files...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos