cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hi !

When i repackage an application i get files in my snap which are in another version already installed on the system. How can i kick them out of the spy? :mad:

e.g. comctl32.ocx
dao...

Thx,
A$-User
(4) Replies
You can exclude them before you build the ISM or you can let it build the ISM then exclude them in Editor. Most files like that will be replaced with mergemodules which will then determine at runtime whether they really need to be installed or not.

Remember, just because a certain file existed on your "clean" machine doesn't mean it will exist on EVERY machine.
first of all... thx 4 the realy fast reply 🙂

I can exclude them if i know which files or registry entries are from which additional component e.g. mdac msjet or else... but i don´t know every dll or ocx or whatever...

How can i determine which file belongs to which other application?

If there is a mere module i have no problem because i deactivate the mm and everything is alright.

by the way, does someone know where i can find many many mm so i can build up an mm archive ?
When the repackager builds the ism and includes mm then the files are not visible in fileview in devstudio???
Knowing what files are what comes from years of experience. The Windows DLL Help database is very useful for answering the question of what product(s) released this file.

When Adminstudio substitutes a MM for a file it does not create a component for that file. But under the redistributables view you can look at a MM and see what it's manifest is.