cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Changes file?

All,

This humble InstallShield n00b asks for your help.

As a former Wise Products user, I was used to having the Installation Changes HTML and TXT file created after each MSI. This showed all the file and registry changes made in the MSI. Does Admin Studio/InstallShield have such a feature? Am I stuck with the basic MSI logging? :confused:

It would be a huge help for me as I could use said file to show exactly what changes an MSI made or how I got a particular job to work. Such documentation would be very helpful for when the FDA comes a knocking looking for paperwork.

Any ideas?
(3) Replies
Yeah, this would be the PRD files ( and also the files beside like the INC file) which is the output of the repackaging process with AdminStudio.
Is there something I have to do to see these PRD files? I'm not finding anything.
The IRP file is the output of a repackaging project. So you would launch the repackager tool in adminstudio, repackage the legacy setup via the snapshot or installation monitoring method. The main output of this would be an irp file which is then converted to an ISM and finally a MSI setup file.

...you are repackaging with AdminStudio aren't you?