cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Work Flow Manager

Currently we have 2800+ applications we need to start on. Can you import the application information directly into the SQL database? I have done this with other database apps and I really do not want to spend the man hours adding them one by one.

tictoc by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repackager not capturing All Users profile

I'm using AdminStudio 6 included with ZENworks. I'm trying to use Repackager with Installation Monitoring to capture an app install. My problem is that when my application is initially installed, it's set for All Users with all the shortcuts where th...

Creating a shortcut on the Desktop via Tuner?

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.Corel Office X13, customize a .MST file via Tuner. All works well EXCEPT I want to make ONE shortcut on the desktop for all users that references the WordPerfect program.I've tried the Desktop folder and "copying"/...

kjhurni by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

SQL Server 2005 SP1

Does AdminStudio Enterprise Server support SQL Server 2005 SP1? The product specs list SQL Server 2005, but does not specify SP level.

ISDEV: fatal error -6058...

New to AdminStudio and getting some flakey errors when building an .msi. Per the build log...ISDEV : fatal error -6058: Error merging Windows Common Controls ActiveX Control DLL with module ID W:\Packaging\Repackager\MSCOMCTL.MSMProduct1\Release1 - ...

by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

quiet Install with MST

I have a msi that was provided by a 3rd party vender. I used tuner to create a mst for the install. Everything installs correctly if I just call the mst file but if I use the /q switch it doesn't listen to my mst and installs with French language and...

Custom Action Problem

I followed Q111515 on how to launch batch file using custom action but I'm getting error 1722 in the installer logs. My batch files is located in INSTALLDIR and simply calls cacls /t /e /g users:c. The custom action does "[SystemFolder]cmd.exe" /c...

scripto by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

HKEY_CURRENT_USER and System Context

Hello all, I have a MSI. It currently works when I run it directly when logged in as a user with admin rights. The problem is; it will be sent out via SMS which will run it under system context. Running directly, it writes a couple of keys to the HKE...

johnv1 by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error adding merge module Mscomct2.msm

Hi,We get the below 2(ICE30) Error's when we add the Merge Module Mscomct2.msm and validate it thro Build->Validate->Full MSI Validation Suite.How can we resolve this?Error:ICE30 Error The target file 'GLOBAL~1.320|mscomct2.ocx' is installed in '[Sys...

Uninstall software

Hi all,My predecessor installed several software packages over 150 machines. I need to remove them. What I do not want to do is walk to each machine and remove them manually.As a test I installed a software package on a machine, the manual way, creat...