cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Action Problem

I followed Q111515 on how to launch batch file using custom action but I'm getting error 1722 in the installer logs. My batch files is located in INSTALLDIR and simply calls cacls /t /e /g users:c. The custom action does "[SystemFolder]cmd.exe" /c "[INSTALLDIR]runcacls.cmd". Set InstallExecSeq to after CreateShortcuts and Installexeccondition to VersionNT. I'm getting the following errors in my log.

MSI (s) (24:5C) [11:31:09:984]: Note: 1: 1722 2: runcacls 3: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ 4: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" /c "C:\Program Files\STIXW8\modperms.cmd"
Action start 11:31:09: runcacls.
MSI (s) (24:5C) [11:31:10:016]: Product: STIX Occupational Health and Safety System -- Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action runcacls, location: C:\WINDOWS\system32\, command: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" /c "C:\Program Files\STIXW8\modperms.cmd"

Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action runcacls, location: C:\WINDOWS\system32\, command: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" /c "C:\Program Files\STIXW8\modperms.cmd"

Any help would be appreciated!
(2) Replies
If your custom action is scheduled for immediate execution, you may want to change it to deferred.
Yeah, that worked. Thanks for the help.