cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Manager Install

Hi All,

In AdminStudio 11.0 and previous AES.EXE was included for installation of WFM / AdminStudio Enterprise Server.

The AdminStudio 11.5 download / install doesn't contain it. Does anyone know where I can obtain it now?

Thanks,
Craig
(16) Replies
The Workflow Manager installation is now a separate download in the Flexera Software Product and License Center.

For instructions on using this site, visit http://www.flexerasoftware.com/downloads/instructions/productlicensing/en/default.htm.
Hi Debbie,

Thanks for that. I'm waiting for confirmation of current license entitlement, but while I'm waiting I wanted to get a head start on reviewing WFM 6.0 so I filled in an evaluation form about a week ago.

I got the automated response saying I'd hear back soon but haven't heard anything since. Is there anything you can help with?

Thanks,
Craig
Oh, sorry about that. I've passed along your request to the approprate team. You should be hearing from them shortly (if you haven't already).
Answer was already given?!

The Workflow Manager installation is now a separate download in the Flexera Software Product and License Center.
Halona,

Information on how to obtain the Workflow Manager installation is in a previous post:
http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showpost.php?p=480294&postcount=2
😉 Case closed...
I'm still struggling to get hold of a WFM 6.0 demo. I've been offered an account on a Flexera hosted web based version, but I'm working with a client where I ideally need an offline instance I can fully customise and demo within meeting rooms that have no internet connectivity.

Having asked for an offline instance it's gone silent again. I'm familiar with the config, etc, so all I need is the software itself, and a 30 day (ish) evaluation code. It can't be that hard / unusual surely?
I've been told that no such thing (as a 30-day eval, or any eval) exists for Workflow Manager.
That's somewhat disappointing.

I can understand not wanting to provide a Workflow Evaluation to a customer who's never used it before as there's an associated learning curve to configure it, but at a previous client account I spent 2+ years managing and maintaining Workflow Manager from version 3.5 through to 5.6.

Is there nothing that can be done?
Alpesh
By
Flexera Alumni
Hi Craig,

I will suggest you to talk to your Sales Representative.

Thanks!
Hi Alpesh,

I've tried that - when I asked for an offline evaluation it's been met with a deafening silence.

I guess Flexera don't want this customers business. (it wasn't just Workflow Manager we were considering.)

Thanks,
Craig
If needed I can give you a demo from my laptop?

let me know...
Hi Jaybee,

Appreciate the offer but we ideally need to do an onsite tailored demo. I've got the experience to set it up but for whatever reasons are involved its near impossible to get an offline demo.

Thanks,
Craig
Seems the company behind SparkleFlow are more accommodating when it comes to providing the software for an offline demo - shame as it would have been nice to have Workflow Manager so we could make a more neutral proposal.
Alpesh
By
Flexera Alumni
Hi Craig,

Let me check more on this internally. I will update you soon.

Thanks!
Hi Craig,

The AdminStudio installation had grown very large, so we removed the AdminStudio Enterprise Server / Workflow Manager installation from that package. The AES install is now hosted in the Flexera Product and License Center.

As for an evaluation, we don't have a downloadable copy of the product that you can evaluate offline. I understand you have a lot of knowledge around WFM, but the prospective customers that are looking at WFM do not and, as you know, setting up WFM requires a lot of infrastructure to be in place for it to work correctly.

We have two alternatives to a local install: our "sandbox" website where most of our customers evaluate WFM to get a feel of the solution without having to stand the servers and other systems up or we also use a cloud-based virtual machine provider, where WFM can be accessed through an RDP connection. Both options require Internet access, however.

Hope this clarifies what we have available. Let us know if one of those alternatives can help you.
Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!