cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Pack 1 fails to install developer

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
When installing the developer part of the update I get the following error message:

Error 1934: This setup requires Administrator priviledges for configuring IIS Virtual Roots.

I have tried installing this under :-

my logon,
localsrvadm and
Administrator

but get the error message everytime.

I have noticed previously that some of the packages I have created have had this same problem although I have done nothing to do with IIS Virtual Roots. In these instances I have just deleted the property to do with virtual roots but cannot do this on your install.
(8) Replies
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Hello dave moss,

Can you please send me installation log file? You can create log file using this command line: [Path to Setup]\Setup.exe /v"/l*v logfilename"

Also, please let me know on which platform you are running this setup.

Thanks
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I have attached a zipped version of the log it does not tell you much as it is the install for developer that fails and as I am guessing it is a seperate MSI launch from the setup.exe it is not being logged.

As for platform I am running Win2000 SP3.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
here is the log file for developer
http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=q108824

If you are unable to resolve the admin rights issue, it is necessary to remove all IIS functionality within your setup so this requirement no longer applies. This can be done by selecting the IIS Virtual Directories view within the InstallShield DevStudio IDE and removing any information contained within this view.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
That is all well and good but it is not my install that is failing it is installshields service pack for Developer that is launched from the value pack 1 install for admin studio 5 and therefore not alot I can do about it.
In the past I have had similar issues with installing VP1...what I did to work around it was to uninstall developer (or more if needed) and install VP1 since it is a full install of AdminStudio.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Thanks for the advice, I rebuilt my machine using my companies base build and tried to install value pack 1 on its own but I am still getting the same message. Guess I will just have to wait for a response from installshield although I am not holding my breath.
We are also facing same problem with VP1. It seems that there is some problem with VP1.