cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Hi All,

Having finished the majority of our packaging activity we are now deploying the msi packages via sms. This works fine.

We have, however, found it necessary to manually call the msi's.

Is there a nice front end to manually call MSI's or have people created there own.

Were thinking of a web front end to launch msi's but we need to be able to select a lot of packages to install concurrently.

And help would be appreciated.
(4) Replies
If I understand your question correctly, you will have to create a wrapper to launch all MSI packages. Please note that MSI allows only 1 instance of Execute sequnce at a time. Hence, your MSIs will have to be run sequentially, not concurrently.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
What I'm looking for is something to replace the Winstall Interactive installer my company used to use for non deployed installs.

Also excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by a wrapper.
I apologize that I didn't make myself clear. By wrapper, I mean an executable/a script that is programmed to deploy the MSI packages you have.
There are many tools out there that you can use to deploy software. SMS scripts, Active Directory, Login Scripts, Zenworks, Altiris, Tivoli, Spirian, and so on.