Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ConflictSolver 5.02 - Invalid object name 'cstblSubscribedData'

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I get the following message

Invalid object name 'cstblSubscribedData'

after I have import a new application into the Conflict Solver Database, The DB is sat on a SQL server.

I've only just upgrade to Value Pack 1 from SP1, I have a copy of the Upgrade log and no problem within it.

Any one have any ideas ??

:confused:
(4) Replies
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Can you please check few things:
1.) I am guessing that the database objects (tables, etc.) are owned/created by a different user than the one used to login to ConflictSolver, and hence it is raising “Invalid object name”.

Start SQL Server Enterprise Manager and browse to the Application catalog database (the database to which you are connecting from ConflictSolver). Click on Tables and make sure that the “Owner” column is either “dbo” or the user with which you are connecting to the database in ConflictSolver.

You can use sp_changeobjectowner SQL Server stored procedure to change the object owner. If you need help with this, please let me know and I’ll send you a script that will change owner for all objects to dbo or to a userid you wish.

2.) If the above is not the case, please enable detailed logging using following steps and email me the log files. Please also include the upgrade log files that you have.

To enable detailed logging, start registry editor using RegEdit.exe, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\InstallShield\AdminStudio and create a new string value named DebugLogLevel and set it’s value to 3 (remember to create a key value [on the right side] and not a sub-key).

Run the import again and get the ISCMIDE.log from the same folder where ISCMIDE.exe is present (c:\program files\installshield\AdminStudio\5.0\ConflictSolver).

Please zip and email me the files at darshans@InstallShield.com.

Thanks.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
It was the database table were owned by the person who created the the database in the first place.

If you could send me more details on how to change all the tables to be owned by dbo, I think this will solve the problem

sent to Clive.Allgood@akerkvaerner.com
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I have included a ZIP file that contains a SQL Script that you can run to change the table and stored procedure owners to dbo.

a.) Unzip the SQL Script file.

b.) Start Query Analyzer, and make sure to connect as a user who is members of sysadmin fixed server role, the db_owner fixed database role, or a member of both the db_ddladmin and db_securityadmin fixed database roles; as it is required to run sp_changeobjectowner system stored procedure (used in included script).

c.) Make sure to select the correct AdminStudio Application Catalog database and run the included script in that database.

d.) Start SQL Server Enterprise Manager and refresh the Tables and Stored Procedures tree nodes and make sure that the owner column shows as dbo.

e.) Try import and it should work this time.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Thanks for the help, work with not problems
Top Kudoed Authors