cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repackaging Symantec EndPoint Protection - With Conditions

Hi all,

this is a very unique and special question that I hope someone in here has experienced it and give some inputs.

I want to repackage Symantec EndPoint Protection Client so that it will have conditions to check for 32bit and 64bit in one single package. That being said, I want to have the package for both 32bit and 64bit bundled into a single standalone package. Once someone launch the package, the software will check (with conditions) to see if it's 32bit OS or 64bit OS, if it's 32, it will load the 32bit edition, if it's 64bit, it will install 64.

PLEASE ANYONE?

Thanks much!!!!
(1) Reply
Hi There,

According to the AppDeploy.com Package KB:

http://www.appdeploy.com/software/detail.asp?id=153476

This is already 2 MSI based installations wrapped up into a single setup.exe file.

So, unfortunately, this is as good as it gets for 32/64 bit deployment, since you can't wrap up both installers into a single MSI package. And the logic to determine which one gets installed has to come in the form of a controlling process that makes the call which MSI package to run (in this case, setup.exe).

What's the use case you have for this? It might be possible to extract the *.msi packages from the executable and work with them that way.