cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem during MSI Packaging (using cmd line)

Hey there,

I'm trying to package application into MSI files, using command line. It works fine with AdminStudio 8.0, but it doesn't work on AdminStudio 11.5.
Below I describe what I've done, and I've also attached the Build Log.txt .

- First AdminStudio’s capture : fine
- Install FileZilla, application test : fine
- Second AdminStudio’s capture : fine
- Analysis of both captures and calculate the difference
- I can see in “C:\Windows\temp\snapshot” several files/directory being put “ProgramFilesFolder\FileZilla FTP Client” : so this should be fine.
- The captured files/directories are deleted my Repack.exe (according to process_monitor.exe)

So in the end I get nothing but my 2 ISM files (context and normal) , 2 tiny MSI files (context and normal), and a build log.
With former AdminStudio version, doing this, I used to get my proper MSI file with various directories (ProgramFiles Folder, ....) that contain my application binaries..

Thanks for your help 🙂
Olivier

Hope this is clear , and you know what is happening
(2) Replies
UP please ? :confused:
olivier1209 wrote:
Hey there,

I'm trying to package application into MSI files, using command line. It works fine with AdminStudio 8.0, but it doesn't work on AdminStudio 11.5.
Below I describe what I've done, and I've also attached the Build Log.txt

- First AdminStudio’s capture : fine
- Install FileZilla, application test : fine
- Second AdminStudio’s capture : fine
- Analysis of both captures and calculate the difference
- I can see in “C:\Windows\temp\snapshot” several files/directory being put “ProgramFilesFolder\FileZilla FTP Client” : so this should be fine.
- The captured files/directories are deleted my Repack.exe (according to process_monitor.exe)

So in the end I get nothing but my 2 ISM files (context and normal) , 2 tiny MSI files (context and normal), and a build log.
With former AdminStudio version, doing this, I used to get my proper MSI file with various directories (ProgramFiles Folder, ....) that contain my application binaries..

This is not something that I see, so I can't say that it's a bug in AdminStudio 11.5. But regardless, you should try AdminStudio 11.5 SP2 which was released last week. You can download AdminStudio 11.5 SP2 from the Flexera Software Product and License Center.

The build log says that you have no files or INSTALLDIR definition, so that's a major problem. What do you mean by "The captured files/directories are deleted my Repack.exe (according to process_monitor.exe)
"? The Installation Monitoring method watches all new 32-bit and 64-bit processes and records the changes that they make. If something deleted the FileZilla FTP Client folder before the capture ended, that would explain why the capture does not include those items. (but why would that be deleted?)

Do you have the .irp, .inc, .isr, and Options.ini file from the Repackager build?

Also: This is a bit of a long-shot, but you may have some bad data in your Options.ini file. It can be found at "C:\Program Files (x86)\AdminStudio\11.5\Repackager\Options.ini"