cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repackager problem with AXT witch contain macro

We are in the process of converting files Novell AXT to MSI.
These files are from AXT object Novell configurable by changing the values of macros.
The repackager seem not adequately convert this type of file (file INC OK but not the project InstallShield V14), Novell macros are translated literally and not converted into variable InstallShield
Have you had this scenario?
Another thing, if a file contains several AXT "Flags" as a result, the registry entries are wrong (see key test in the file join AXT)We are in the process of converting files Novell AXT to MSI.
These files are from AXT object Novell configurable by changing the values of macros.
The repackager seem not adequately convert this type of file (file INC OK but not the project InstallShield V14), Novell macros are translated literally and not converted into variable InstallShield
Another thing, if a file contains several AXT "Flags" as a result, the registry entries are wrong (see key test in the file join AXT)

Thank you for your answer
Bye
Eric
(4) Replies
Cire78 wrote:
We are in the process of converting files Novell AXT to MSI.
Another thing, if a file contains several AXT "Flags" as a result, the registry entries are wrong (see key test in the file join AXT)We are in the process of converting files Novell AXT to MSI.
Another thing, if a file contains several AXT "Flags" as a result, the registry entries are wrong (see key test in the file join AXT)

Thank you for your answer
Bye
Eric

Hi Eric,

Because of these issues we decided in 2003 to start from scratch with repackageing.
We (still) use Brainforce's Packaging Robot in conjunction AdminStudio 8.6 (InstallShield 2008).
The combi has been extremely succesfully (1100 applications repackaged in production) for us.

reg, Henno
Hi,

Thank you for your reply
Is there an evaluation version of this product?

Nevertheless, it seems to me that a conversion correct variable Novell should not be too difficult to develop, that does not address this possibility and the fact he does not know treat multiple entry (Flags, for example ), While a bug of this type appears in the forums since version 7.5 is an aberration for a product of this price :mad: .

I am holder of all tricks to convert AXT with this type of entries (about 900 applications)

Thanks-you for your answer
Eric
Hi,

For what it is worth, there is now a formal work order to get this resolved (#IOC-000073455).

At least in the case that I've personally run across, you can work around this by doing a find-and-replace using AdminStudio Editor in the *.ism's Direct Editor. Basically, just replacing the Macro reference (i.e. %MACRO%) with the value of the Macro.

If you store the project in XML format, you might even be able to automate this.

Hope this helps!
Hi,

It is a solution (I can also do this work from AXT), but I lose the advantage of macros

Wise arrives to translate macros properties but it can not use them everywhere (mocro on key of BDR not converted). It is also quite work AXT file before starting the conversion to avoid some errors. In addition, Wise did not have all the feature of AdminStudio

We have opened an incident at Acressos and we expect their new

Excuse me for my bad English
Bye
Eric