cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hi,

I have an Intel Wireless Adapter in my laptop. I need to customize my wireless adapter settings and save them to a EXE. So I launch the Intel Admin Utility that Intel provides. I make my changes and then I create my EXE from within the Intel Admin Utility. Ran the EXE and it worked fine when run by itself. I should have mentioned there is a couple things in addition to the wireless adapter settings that need changing. So I run the AdminStudio 9.0 Repackager. I should mention I have the Zenworks Edition of AS. I have tried 'Installation Monitoring' and 'SnapShot'. Both times around I create a MSI file. When I run the MSI on another computer none of the wireless adapter settings get applied. If I run the EXE separately things work. Ideas anyone? Thanks.
(1) Reply
Hi Brian,

Repackager generally captures raw system changes like files, registry, etc. It sounds like this executable that the utility generated is doing some extra things to apply the driver settings (possibly even communicating with the hardware directly).

What I might suggest in this case is to see if there's silent commandline parameters available for the *.exe file, and wrap it up in a transform with an EXE custom action in it.