cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repackager not capturing my installed .ini files

Hi all,

Just started using the AdminStudio SMS Edition, but had a search round the forum without any luck.

Used the Installation Monitoring method in the Repackaging Wizard to create an MSI. My setup program that I ran was just a very simple script to copy files to a directory. The Packager captured these files correctly, but it's ignored the .INI file that was also copied.

Seems the Repackager treats INI files as very special files.

How can I get Repackager to just include the INI files anyhow? I just want it to copy a bunch of files on to the computers harddrive.

Thanks for any help! Stumbling at the first hurdle!

Steve,
(4) Replies
Don't use Installation Monitoring Mode. It's terrible in my opinion. Use multiple snapshots.
I'm brand new to AdminStudio, so perhaps Installation Monitoring is terrible, but from what I've read, it's preferred to Snapshot. My guess is that your .ini file is being excluded by a Global Exclusion List (check Tools | Global Exclusions Editor).
It's true that InstallShield tells you to use Installation Monitoring Mode, but use it at your peril.

As for the Global Exclusions Editor, unless it's shared and someone else added that ini file, it won't be there. It only excludes the basic Windows ini files by default.

The Global Exclusions Editor isn't in tools by default anymore either. You have to add it to tools manually by browsing to the executable. Not sure why they did that.
Hi guys!

Thanks for the thoughts. I've had another go at it, and using the Snapshot mode it did indeed include the .ini file in the list of captured files.

So Installation Monitoring Mode is pants, Snapshot's still reign supreme.

Not the best introduction to FLEXnet AdminStudio though.