cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repackager error

Hello!

I just joined the forum to learn more about AdminStudio and also get help whenever I run into an issue. Recently, I ran the Repackager using the Capture an Installation option to combine an exe file along with folders that are associated with it. Once I was done, I test the MSI file, but received a few errors.

Now, when I try to run the Repackager using the same option, it is giving me the error message below. Does anyone know how I can fix the issue? I've also rebooted my machine several times.

Repackager error.PNG

(1) Solution
bkelly
By
Flexera Alumni

Welcome! This message is just a warning message letting you know that everything the installer wants to do may not have been executed yet. Restarting the computer and allowing it to finish before taking your second snapshot is recommended. Likely files in use could not be replaced or something was scheduled to run the next time you log in (runonce)

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
bkelly
By
Flexera Alumni

Welcome! This message is just a warning message letting you know that everything the installer wants to do may not have been executed yet. Restarting the computer and allowing it to finish before taking your second snapshot is recommended. Likely files in use could not be replaced or something was scheduled to run the next time you log in (runonce)

Hi Bkelly,

thank you so much for the quick response. I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I used the installation monitoring instead of the snapshot. For the Snapshot method, should I use single or multiple?

Just take your first snapshot, install, reboot, log in and then run Repackager again to take the second snapshot. 

I did, but after the system and set up analysis, it doesnt do anything after that. The box closes and that's pretty much it.

Simply Restarting the computer and allowing it to finish before taking your second snapshot is recommended. Likely files in use could not be replaced or something was scheduled to run the next time you log in (runonce)