cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with not uninstalling shortcuts on start menu

Hi, all
This is my first post so I hope its in the right place.
I'm currently using AdminStudio 5 to write installers for applications that are to be installed over a network to various machines. Before that however I am testing them on a machine with various admin restrictions that mimic the destination machines all my installers seem to work fine until I come to the TextPad application. I have sorted out the licience information made the MSI, installed it, used it and tested it, the problem comes when I uninstall. Textpad is completely uninstalled except that is for the shortcuts in the start menu from the start menu on limited user accounts, this is not an issue on the admin account. I have spent hours on this problem, writting scripts, modifying the registry, deleting all shortcuts and creating my own but to no avail. I am starting to lean to the idea that it may be an application problem rarther that and installer problem. It is a small pesky problem I know but it is vital that I have a totally clean uninstall.
Just wondering if anyone has had this problem in the past or knows of a solution I would be gratefull if you could tell me.

Thanks

Chris
(1) Reply
What's your deployment tool? It sounds deployment related, not MSI related.

-install the MSI manually when logged in as an admin,
-then login as a limited user and run the app
-then log back in as an admin and uninstall

If there aren't issues, then it's a deployment tool issue. My guess anyway.