cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lotus Notes R5

Has anyone repackaged Notes R5? If so to what extent did you automate the install?

Thanks,

Bryan
(6) Replies
Yes it can be done.

1. The data directory exists on a network share. Therfore the EXE had to reference the NOTES.INI file in a different directory.
2. The ID files are centrally managed (4 locations) and have no standard naming convention. The Notes.ini can be built from an LDAP lookup.
3. We also had to do an LDAP lookup to find the correct mailserver, becasue the notes servers do no always reference each other.
4. And just to make things difficult we included additional feature for the Administrator Suite.
5. Did I mention we had upgrades not just a clean install?

I tell you when this sucker fired up my jaw just about dropped. My lead is an impressive guy, especially if you tell him it can't be done. 🙂
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Hi,

I'm interested in your solution described above. Was it all in a wrapper that contained all steps and if so, VBS or other? Could you give any more details?

Many thanks.

a.
Sorry I have a hundred things going on at once, or I would be happy to go into details. I am attaching the .VBS and the .MSI files. Hopefully you can reverse engineer it and see what we were up to.
As far as the LDAP part one of our Notes developers worked some code into the Bookmark.nsf file that did the mailserver look-up.

F:\ = Customer Home Drive/Data Share
J:\ = Applicatin distribution point

Happy digging. 😉

This code is not mine, if you actually use any part of it please comply with the following request.

Send a good thought and perhaps a brownie point to:
- The Regence Group
- Technical Lead - Server and Desktop Engineering
- Portland OR
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Thanks for your reply, especially considering the stress load! I think this will help me but the attachments only came on as paths unless I'm being incredibly doof...is there any way I could still get a look at them?

Many, many thanks!
a.
Sorry ya'll we have went through a few versions of the Notes Products. If attachments work this time here are 5.10, 6.50, and 6.52
Thank you...

Bryan