cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS Snapshot question from newbie

I want to snapshop a few different machines to then import in to my applicaion catalog to test packages against.

There is no documentation (or forum posts) on how to run the snapshot capture on a machine other than the machine actually running the Admin Studio product itself.

Is there a way to launch the snapshot tool on a different machine? Do I then need to manually copy the two files generated? (*.osc and *.nir)

To be honest, I was looking for a way to generate a some sort of magic bootable ISO that launches the snapshot process and includes the connection information to get the data pushed back to the SQL database, and/or stores the output to a network share.

Obviously that's not how it works, but the documentation is lacking in that area. I have ordered a couple of the books on Admin Studio from Flexera off the web site, but they have not yet arrived.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
(2) Replies
Hi There,

The OS Snapshot wizard is a component of Repackager, so you'll want to follow the same steps in the help document "Installing the Remote Repackager on a Clean Machine".

Once you've done that, just browse to the drive where you've mapped Repackager to, and run 'OSSnapshot.exe'.

Your idea of automating everything sounds pretty good, but I don't think there exists commandline switches available for OSSnapshot.exe to do so.

Hope this gets you started!

--Cary
That will definitely help. Thanks for the quick response!