cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noob stuck on Repackaging Wizard

Hi all, my employer is purchasing licences for a large team of packagers. It will take a while till we migrate from Wise. Until then I'm familiarising myself using the Evaluation version.

I've follow the guide step by step AS95EvalGuide.pdf
At Step 10 on Page 61

The Next button is greyed out. No error. No message. Anyone know what is up ? See picture. Have tried with different paths. Restarted. Repeated everything a few times. Can't figure out what it needs.

The machine is Win 7 64bit. current version of VMware.

Thanks

C
(5) Replies
Alpesh
By
Flexera Alumni
Hi,

Try removing the double quotes from the 'Program Name' field. Then you should be good to move ahead. I assume you are running repackager from command line.

Thanks!
Cheers Alpesh. That solved it. 🙂

I am not using the command line version. Just following the GUI wizard and that places the quotes.

Edit:
Actually, this looks like a Flexera bug.

I have built a new machine on hardware and repeated from zero.

When using the AdminStudio - Assistant - Start - Repackage method .... "quotes" are placed around the path, preventing progress.
Alpesh
By
Flexera Alumni
Hi,

Can you please describe the steps about how you launch repackager, and when do you see this issue? One of the known cause, when Repackager was launched from command line, which is going to be addressed. If we know this other cause also, then we can look into it as well.

Thanks,
Alpesh
I am following the Evaluation Guide.

From AdminStudio 9.5 I go to the Assistant tab.
Browse to an MSI Open.
Start
Click Repackage

And the path is in quotes as per screenshot.

I saw a message here earlier from CraigD that the issue was introduced by SP3. Message is no longer visible. IOA-000057675

Now that I know to remove the quotes I am fine.
Hi,

I deleted the post because I noted that your original posting stated that you weren't running the wizard from a command line. The issue we experienced was specifically related to that (as you are forced to put quotes around the path to the setup in the SP3 command line).

But yes, the issue with it not accepting quotes on that dialog seems to have been introduced in SP3.

Cheers,
Craig