cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor Setup Process on different machines

Hi all

question: we installed adminstudio 8.0 eval on a test PC and now we want to monitor a installation process on a different machine (remote monitoring?)

is this possible or can AS only monitor Setup's on the same machine where AS resides?

thanks for your answers
(5) Replies
Hi,

You can do repackaging on a machine that does not have AdminSudio on it by creating a fileshare and running the repackager on the clean machine from the fileshare.

Repackager and Qualitymonitor are the only tools that can be run from a fileshare.

Regards
David Thornley
David Thornley wrote:
Hi,

You can do repackaging on a machine that does not have AdminSudio on it by creating a fileshare and running the repackager on the clean machine from the fileshare.

Repackager and Qualitymonitor are the only tools that can be run from a fileshare.

Regards
David Thornley

Hi David

Thank you for your answer. Is there anything, which in need to take care to complete the monitor process sucessfully?

(p.a Security Settings, Permissions etc) on the share?
It's not exactly clear what you mean by monitoring. The QualityMonitor requires the application to be installed. So you're not really monitoring the install but rather the running application.

Be aware that if you want to run QualityMonitor over a file share--it needs access to the AdminStudio Common folder.
LeslieEaster wrote:
It's not exactly clear what you mean by monitoring. The QualityMonitor requires the application to be installed. So you're not really monitoring the install but rather the running application.

Be aware that if you want to run QualityMonitor over a file share--it needs access to the AdminStudio Common folder.

No it's not the Quality Monitor --> if i repackage a legacy Setup Exe i can choose between the options "Install Monitoring" or "Snapshot"

What i want is the following:

Install Adminstudio on a Server Machine and all my packages are saved on a separate location (Network Share on a separate machine which is not on the same PC) --> i'm shure Adminstudio can handle this
Ah. Yes, then you'll need to run the repack.exe tool (in the Repackager folder) via a mapped drive. This is what David was referring to earlier. If you're using VMWare to capture the legacy install, an option is to use VM-->Settings, select the Options tab and use the Shared Folder item to create the share between the VMImage and your server. From there create a regular mapped drive in the VMIMage to \\.host\Shared Folders.