cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I recently packaged an application and I have the strangest problem. If i doulbe click on the MSI file it installs fine. If i remotely install (using MSIEXEC or our altiris solution) I get the error:

Error 1327.Invalid Drive: R:\

Now the software does use our R: Drive to function, but like I said if I double click on the file it works. Any other way and I get the error.

Does anyone know what is causing this or how to fix it

Thanks in advance
(3) Replies
It should mean that the R drive is not connected when you launch that install. You can put ina custom action to subst (subst command from DOS prompt) or temporarily map the R drive at install time then unmap at the end of the install.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Funny thing is the R drive is mapped during install time. Just as a test, I copied the MSI package to the R: drive. Again if i double click on the MSI from the R Drive (My computer -> R Drive) the installation goes perfectly. If I try to script it (using the MSIEXEC or our Altiris solution) it fails stating that the R drive is invalid. How can it be invalid if that is where the installtion was started from?

Any insight into this would be most appreciated
When Altiris performs the installation, it uses a system account, which does not have access to R drive connected with different user credentials. Depending on how R drive is used during installation, there may or may not be a workaround.