cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Visual C++ Runtime error - iside.exe

We are running Admin Studio 10 on Windows 2008 R2.
When attempting to open or create a .MST, the Tuner returns a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime error.

It lists the program as ...(x86)\AdminStudio\10.0\Tuner\System\iside.exe and the error is "abnormal program termination". Attached is a screen shot of the error.

If we uninstall/reinstall Admin Studio this does not resolve the issue. I see the same issue occurred in the past for another user, but the link provided as a solution is not functional. http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=124342

Can somone supply a link to the solution? If not any ideas?
(4) Replies
I am running Admin Studio 11 on Windows 7. When attempting to open or create a .MST, the Tuner returns a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime error.

It lists the program as ...(x86)\AdminStudio\11.0\Tuner\System\iside.exe and the error is "abnormal program termination". Attached is a screen shot of the error.

If I uninstall/reinstall Admin Studio this does not resolve the issue. I see the same issue occurred in the past for other users; however no solutions posted.

Can somone supply a link to the solution? If not any ideas?
Thanks
Garrett
Through more testing I figured out that the culprit crashing Tuner was not the creation of a mst or opening an existing mst; in fact it was the 'browse' button which is crashing Tuner and giving the Runtime error. hmmmm
So the workaround is to enter the complete path to the .mst file you want to open or the msi you want to point to. DO NOT USE THE BROWSE BUTTON!
Well that C++ error is a *very* generic error message. It basically means "oops! Junk went bad!"

There are a zillion possible reasons ranging from a bug in AdminStudio to instability on your machine.

You should contact support and provide them with more details.
Thank you Evan for the reply. To note I did contact support and they could not help me. They suggested that I reinstall; which I did and which did not correct the problem. So my best guess is buggy ....... anyways I found a workaround as I mentioned in my last post.
Cheers

Evan Border wrote:
Well that C++ error is a *very* generic error message. It basically means "oops! Junk went bad!"

There are a zillion possible reasons ranging from a bug in AdminStudio to instability on your machine.

You should contact support and provide them with more details.