Error launching AdminStudio: Cannot connect to license server system (-15,570)
If you have a node-locked licence that is activated by entering your serial number into the software, but have accidentally clicked the 'Configure License Server' option, this article will help to return to the normal activation window.
If you have accidentally clicked the 'Configure License Server' option on the activation wizard. Then you may be unable to launch AdminStudio or return to the normal activation window.
If you try to launch AdminStudio you may see the error below or something similar:
This article will only help to return to the normal activation wizard so you can activate your node-locked licence using your serial number. If you have a licence which does use a licence server (concurrent licence) then please see the links below in the related documents section for troubleshooting. If you're having a different problem with the activation after following these steps. Try searching the Knowledge Base for the error you are receiving for help with the problem.
To resolve this issue perform the following steps:
1. Launch Regedit by clicking start and typing 'regedit' in the search box and pushing enter
2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InstallShield\<Version>\Professional
3. Locate the string entry called LicenseServer, right click on it and click Delete
4. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\InstallShield\AdminStudio\<Version>
5. Locate the string entry called LicenseServer, right click on it and click Delete
4. Launch AdminStudio and you should no longer see the license server error
AdminStudio 2016 = Version 15.0
AdminStudio 2015 = Version 14.0
AdminStudio 2014 = Version 13.0
AdminStudio 2013 = Version 12.0