cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License problem with Adminstudio Zenworks edition

I had AdminStudio Zenworks edition installed on my laptop at work. We decided to move it over to a stand alone desktop to start building our packages and whatnot.

I ran through the uninstall, and I got the message about entering my information to decrement the license usage. I installed on the new computer and it accepted my serial number I got from where I had it installed previously. However, when I tried logging into the Zenwork Zone when launching Repackager, I get an error that I can only use one per zone. I'm assuming this is referring to licensing issues, but I don't understand why it's doing this when I unregistered it from the zone on my other computer. help!
(2) Replies
Hi There,

We've seen this happen if the IP/hostname of your ZCM changed since you installed AdminStudio. In this case, the removal process might not fire off correctly.

First thing I'd try is running RemoveUsage.exe from the Install CD, to see if this fixes the issue. If not, we have a bit of a manual workaround that might help as well--PM me for details on this.
Cary R wrote:
Hi There,

We've seen this happen if the IP/hostname of your ZCM changed since you installed AdminStudio. In this case, the removal process might not fire off correctly.

First thing I'd try is running RemoveUsage.exe from the Install CD, to see if this fixes the issue. If not, we have a bit of a manual workaround that might help as well--PM me for details on this.

sent pm thnkx