cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling Single Sign-On on IIS 7

Hi there,

I am trying to enable single sign-on on our AES 2013, but since the IIS is running in the Integrated Mode, I am not able to enable Forms Authentication and Windows Authentication at the same time. The documentation does not say anything about this, maybe somebody has some experience in how to work this out?

Thanks.
Filip
(2) Replies
Filip Mares wrote:
I am trying to enable single sign-on on our AES 2013, but since the IIS is running in the Integrated Mode, I am not able to enable Forms Authentication and Windows Authentication at the same time. The documentation does not say anything about this, maybe somebody has some experience in how to work this out?

Despite that IIS says not to enable both, you can. I just checked my AES 2013 site and both Forms Authentication and Windows Authentication are enabled (all others are disabled) and single sign-on is working like a champ.
Evan Border wrote:
Despite that IIS says not to enable both, you can. I just checked my AES 2013 site and both Forms Authentication and Windows Authentication are enabled (all others are disabled) and single sign-on is working like a champ.

Thanks a lot, it indeed works!
I got confused, as I have started the AdminStudio, there is a login window in the beginning, to login to your AES. I have had the URL as IP Address of the server and I was getting the following error (only once I have disabled the Anonymous Authentication and enabled the Windows one):
---------------------------
AdminStudio
Error: 0x800A1518

If you are using a Web Portal with custom security zone settings
and your AdminStudio Enterprise Server URL is using an IP address,
change the AdminStudio Enterprise Server URL to the NetBios equivalent
then try again.
OK

But as I have changed the IP Address to a hostname, this problem have now disappeared.

Thanks a lot.
Filip
Top Kudoed Authors