cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Major Upgrade and Patch

Hello,

i have a Basic-MSI-Installation of our product version 1.0 that works fine. It was created with InstallShield DevStudio 9.0 German. Now i want to create a Major Upgrade to version 2.0 (Full Installation or Patch). How can i do this?

Thanks 🙂
(6) Replies
Add it as a major upgrade item to the new MSI, this can be done under 'Upgrades'.

Provided you didn't try to make it work, it will work. Requirements for major upgrade:

1. Working uninstall of previous version.
2. New version has different ProductCode and PackageCode.
Hello Peerke,

i have tried this. The problem seems to be that the new MSI doesn´t find the old one, also the Upgrade Code is the same. The new MSI is installed beside the old one. Is there anything else i have to do?
Create a logfile (/l*v) and see what these actions do:

CCPSearch
RMCCPSearch
RemoveExistingProducts
Hello Peerke,

i have got some problems with the version. Our versions look like xx.yy.ww.zz.
Under 'Upgrades' i used the possibility to upgrade only some specified versions - this failed. The upgrade code of the installed product was ok, but due to the problems with the versions the product was indicated as not related ...

Thanks for your help 🙂
What specific version do you want to remove? What's in the Upgrade-table?
Hello,

sorry for 2 weeks absence, but i´ve got some other problems.

Now back to upgrade ...

First i want to remove the version 2.0.124.0 and replace it with 2.0.127.0, but this doesn´t work, because of no related products found. In Upgrade-table VersionMin was 2.0.124.0 and VersionMax 2.0.127.0. Now i changed the versions to 2.0.124 and 2.0.127 and the upgrade with the new full installation work fine.

Now i´ve got an other problem: the update.exe i create doesn´t work. Under 'Patch-Design' i create a new Patch with Latest 2.0.127 and Previous 2.0.124 (both are network images and compressed). The Patch is created successful - no error, no warning, but when i try to update the version 2.0.124 on my test system (WinXP SP 2), after removing the version 2.0.124, while copying new files an internal error 2356: Data1.cab occured. Can you help me?