cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing AES 11 Fails

We have decided to deploy a new AdminStudio Enterprise server rather than upgrade our old one.

Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
SQL 2008 R2 on seperate server

I installed the full AdminStudio 11 SP1 application on the new server then used it to create the database on the seperate SQL server.

Then I lauched AES.exe to install the Enterprise web server. I accepted the license agreement, allowed the use of only one IP address, selected the SQL server and previously created database. Install fails with error message:
"Server not found. Verify the specified server exists. The server name can not be empty".

The log file was too long to paste so I attached it.

Any suggestions?

Steve
(1) Reply
Hi There,

There's a couple of ways to handle this issue:

1. You can try and troubleshoot the cause of the error. This error is typically when you're providing the proxy account information. Try:

--Enabling NetBIOS over TCP/IP for the main network adapter
--Ensure the Computer Browser Service is running

2. Alternatively, you can use AdminStudio to just condition out the custom action that validates the account information on the 'Next' button of the 'LogonInformation' dialog. You'd probably want to create a new transform for this using InstallShield.

I might also recommend giving a call to our support dept., as they can likely help you get through the installation issue.

Regards,

Cary