cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflictsolver

Problem: Can't open old conflictdatabase (adminstudio 3.5) after upgrade to adminstudio 5.5

Normaly i could connect to the sql database with 3.5 without having to give a password or username. Now in the new situation with adminstudio 5.5 installed i try to open the old db but it returns the following error: user does not have enough permissions to login to database

If i try on a different machine with 3.5 it still can access the db.

Is this a sql problem or adminstudio problem?

Can someone help.
(2) Replies
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
The act of upgrading a ConflictSolver database from v3.5 to v5.5 should result in a completly new database being created and the packages from the old database being re-imported into the new database.

Assuming the upgrade process worked as designed, the new database would be assigned a database owner (dbo) based upon the current connection to the database. And, so if you connected to the upgraded database in the same way as you originally connected to the v3.5 database, then everything should have worked.

Ultimately, you need to examine the Users and associated security settings being assigned to the newly created database. If you have AdminStudio v5.5 Enterprise Edition, then the main AdminStudio IDE will have under the 'Catalog' menu and 'Security' option to allow you to view and modify the underlying users and security options for the new database. Otherwise, you can examine and modify these options via the SQL Server Enterprise Manager.

Allen Saxton
InstallShield AdminStudio Development
I adjusted the security settings in sql and now it all works fine, thanks for the help.