cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot login to client with eDirectory account

Hello everyone!

I am hoping someone can help me out with a problem that I am having. I have installed a 9.5 AES server in my lab and have configured access to my eDirectory tree. I imported a user which shows up just fine and I assigned the user a role.

I tested logging in to the AES server and can authenticate with the account just fine but when attempting to login to the client with the same account, I get the standard authentication failed error. I have tried just the username and tree/username.

Have no idea where to go from here. Anyone out there run into this before and have a fix?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Boomer
(2) Replies
Alpesh
By
Flexera Alumni
Hi,

Are you able to login from Client to Enterprise server catalog using the database logins? The default suams account.

Thanks,
Alpesh
Hi Boomer,

Alpesh's recommendation is a good sanity check. If this proves not to be the case, I'd probably take a look at the AES logs to see what's going on during the client login:

c:\AdminStudioEnterprise\wwwroot\Logs\####.log

This should show you some communication with the domain controller, and perhaps some specific query results. I would post excerpts during the attempted user login--you should be able to see the username in the log when this is taking place.

Post some excerpts if you can.

--Cary